As you might have guessed, “Blogust” is totally not happening: I admit, I may have been a little ambitious with that idea. You might have noticed things look a little different around here, too. New logo/header, graphics, fonts, the whole nine. I just wanted something cleaner/easier to navigate. Thoughts?
Also, it’s that time of year again. Back to school!
I’m moving into the dorms at FIT next week, which I am so excited about (and haven’t stopped talking about since I put down my deposit. You’d understand if you took a ride on my state’s public transportation). Yes, commuting from where I live now is somewhat doable, tons of people do ride it daily, but it truly takes a toll. (Psst - Here’s my survival guide for those of you still commuting.)
I’ve recently dedicated my time to working on getting everything sorted for my move. So far, I’ve purchased bedding, an iron, salt & pepper shakers, a coffee maker, and hangers. What else does a girl need, right? (Um, A LOT.) Kind of stressful. I’m sure that over the next few days, I’ll stockpile enough supplies to make my little section of the dorm room feel like a home (hmm, not quite a Park Ave princess just yet).
As I’ve referred to in previous posts, I’m figuring out what I’d like to accomplish in terms of my short-term & long-term goals. Here are some of them:
- (Attempt to) get a 4.0 this fall – I’m taking on a larger course load than ever before, but I’m determined.
- Work hard at my new internship. I completed my last internship on Friday, and I’ve recently been offered another exciting opportunity! I haven’t “formally” announced it yet, but I will closer to my start date. Hint: it’s for an amazing womenswear designer … stay tuned!
- Get more involved at FIT - I was selected to be a Student Ambassador to represent FIT at Orientation and more. Perhaps I’ll explore writing for the school paper, as well.
- Experience NYC - From galleries to coffee shops, I want to immerse myself in all that this beautiful city has to offer.
- Wear less makeup – WHAT? From a self-proclaimed beauty addict/beauty blogger? Yes. I’m trying to work on caring for my skin more and MAYBE even going sans maquillage? Well … slow and steady wins the race. However, in the event I’m exhausted, I’ll be sure to use these tips and tricks to look awake.
- Meet more people/Spend time with loved ones - I hope to meet more people this fall, especially after my bestie moved back to India (SID COME BACK). I’m planning to spend more time with my friends, too, because graduation is coming sooner than we think. I’m actually popping over to MoMA and the like this weekend to catch up with a good friend (the Carrie to my Miranda). Don’t forget that good friends and family keep you grounded.
Have you set your goals for the school year yet? If you’re not feeling motivated/feeling pretty blah, here are my tips on getting to work and kicking some major butt!
Let’s DO this.